Healthcare Case Manager
A Healthcare Case Manager ensures the quality care of their clients by promoting quality, cost-effective outcomes. They provide management services to children, families, and other caregivers in a variety of settings such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, home, or school to ensure the services they receive are appropriate for their specific needs. A Healthcare Case Manager also works with the families of their clients to make sure care arrangements are in line with the needs and wants of the entire family.
- Engaging clients and families in developing positive, trusting relationships
- Help to manage any emotional distress on the part of the client or their family in resolving crisis situations. Use incredible discretion and judgement when determining an appropriate course of action.
- Maintain the ability to compare and evaluate possible courses of action as required by specific circumstances
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, as well as business type relationships with outside care companies
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and ability to work with patients with mental illnesses or emotional disturbances.
- Manage conflict, promote change and growth, and facilitate the growth of all patients
- Use strong collaborative abilities to put together plans for patient care by working with patients and their families to discover their specific needs, and coordinating with outside companies to ensure proper care
- Generally, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as human services, with an emphasis in social work, psychology, or rehabilitation is preferred
- A strong familiarity with mental health theory or emerging promising practices is preferred
- Some experience in providing case management support is generally preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once time is strongly recommended